Julien Viet works at Red Hat and contributes to the open source Vert.x and Ceylon projects. Julien has been developing open source software since 2002, he contributed to various project such JBoss Application Server 3, JBoss Portal or GateIn. Julien holds an engineering degree from Institut National des Télécommunications.
Open Source Involvement
I like Open Source Software and am/was a contributor of several projects
- Vert.x: a lightweight, high performance application platform for the JVM that's designed for modern mobile, web, and enterprise applications.
- Ceylon: Ceylon is a language for writing large programs in teams.
- CRaSH: The shell for the Java Platform.
- GateIn: Technical lead working mainly on the portal, portlet container.
- Reflext: A framework abstracting the various Java reflection API.
- Wikbook: A set of tools for producing Docbook documentation from wiki files and Java source code.
- JBoss Portal: Project founder and leader until August 2008.
- JBoss Application Server: Contributions to the project around 2002, mainly JMX and JNDI.
- Cargo: Minor patches (shared classpath feature).
- Spaz: Minor contributions to Spaz a nice Twitter client (URL rewriting feature, marked-as-read feature, dock icon badging).
One of the JUG leader of the Mars JUG
I spoke at the following conferences
- GR8Conf 2014 : the shell for the Java Virtual Machine
- JavaZone 2013 : the shell for the Java Platform
- Devoxx France 2013 : CRaSH tools in action
- Devoxx World 2012 : CRaSH tools in action
- Devoxx France 2012 : quickie on CRaSH
- Advanced JCR Persistence in the GateIn Portal Framework at JUDCon in October 2010
- What's new and cool in Portlet 2.0 at JavaZone in September 2008
- What's new and cool in Portlet 2.0 at WebExpo Bern in March 2008
- Portlet Best Practices at Javaone in 2006
- JBoss Portal talk Javapolis in 2005
- JBoss World: I have been several times speaker at JBoss World
If you need to contact me
What I am doing
What I am coding
What I am mixing